WORKSHOP – Mineral Standard Reporting and the Role of the Competent Person in the Mining Sector for the Necessary Future Sustainable Development and the Standardisation Process of the Mining Industry in Europe.
“A JOB OPPORTUNITY FOR GEOLOGISTS AND TECHNICAL CONSULTANTS IN GENERAL, IN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE NEW PROCESS OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MINING SECTOR IN EUROPE AND IN THE WORLD”
Note that most of the presentations will be delivered in Italian.
- Introduction of the role of the “Competent Person” and in particular of the Eurogeologist in the preparation of independent and public reports, in the field of exploration and mining, and furthermore of the new job opportunities for the geologists due to the present sustainable development process of the Mineral sector in EU and in the world.
- Direct the geologists who want to take advantage of these opportunities, to an adequate technical updating and new cultural approach, not only regarding technical issues, but also environmental, social and “governance” (“ESG issues”), that will have to be increasingly considered in the evaluation of mining projects. This will also represent an incredible new job opportunity for prepared consultants.
- Use of CRIRSCO International Mining codes and standards, with particular regard to the European PERC Standard.
- Introduction to the evaluation and estimation of mineral resources and reserves, with particular regard to construction materials, ornamental stones and industrial minerals projects.
- Introduction of best practices
- The use of mineral reporting standards, such as the PERC Reporting Standard, to support harmonization and standardization processes for the approval, evaluation and regulation of Mining licenses and permits in EU.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Italian geological-mining Institutions
- Sectoral associations and federations
- Consultants and freelancers involved and interested in mining activities and in others strictly correlated to them (mining, socio-environmental, financial, investment and resource management, etc.)
- University professors and researchers
- Mining companies
- Regulatory and control authorities of the mining sector at local and central level
- Policy makers at locale and central level
- Persons and Institutions involved or interested in sustainable development and in the necessary process of standardization of mining and quarrying in Italy and the EU.
- Francesco Violo (President of the Italian Council of National Geologists)
- Ed Sides (PERC Secretary)
- Gabriele Ponzoni (Secretary of European Federation of Geologists)
- Marco Cosi (AlpiConsult Stones and PERC)
- Mark Burnett (PERC)
- Two Eurogeologists who will share their experience
Consult the programme here.
The organisers of the webinar are the European Federation of Geologists (EFG), Pan-European Reserves and Resources Reporting Committee (PERC), Italian National Council of Geologists (CNG) and, AlpiConsult Stones (Marco Cosi – firstname.lastname@example.org).